Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Philadelphia Carousel



Guest post from Geezer-Chick

I usually bike around Philadelphia. But when my niece was visiting, we walked from Chinatown to Grasso's Magic to watch 3 local magicians. En route we passed Franklin Square, which I hadn't explored before. From the sidewalk, we could see a merry-go-round. "Want to go look at the ride?" asked my niece. As we approached, it became obvious that this is no ordinary merry-go-round.

Up front is a Philly Phanatic -- don't ask me which sport he's the mascot for -- he's cute and green and I'm amazed I even know his name. I'm not a sports fan.

Then we saw the lion.



And a dragon.
A zebra and cat with a fish in its mouth.




A seal.



An elephant.



An eagle.



And of course there are horses.

Franklin Square is at 7th an Race in downtown Philadelphia. It has bike parking, and it's not far from several bus routes.

__________________________________

Buy & Sell Antiques. Click Here!

Learn About Antiques and Collectibles. Click Here!

Click here for Seven Reasons to Visit India.

The series of posts on my trip to Japan begins here.

The journal of my trip to India and Nepal begins here.

The series of posts on my trip to Italy begins here.

Geezer-Chick's guest blog on York, England is here.

MATERIAL CONNECTION DISCLOSURE: You should assume that the author of this blog has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the providers of goods and services mentioned in this message and may be compensated when you purchase from a provider. You should always perform due diligence before buying goods or services from anyone via the Internet or offline.

No comments: